Monday, May 2, 2011

A Touch Shady, If You Ask Me

Former WCW starlet and independent wrestler April Hunter recently told F4WOnline.com that she turned down a job offer with TNA Wrestling.

"First off, I do like the people there and enjoy the locker room
backstage. It's a fun company. But there were a few issues.
The money wasn't more than I'm offered on the indies.
However, the main issue was they asked me to sign a
waiver clearing them of any future medical issues, and
that I had to be cleared by my own doctor first. I know
two other girls fighting with them to get their medical
bills paid at that point, and I wasn't very comfortable
with the idea after all the injuries I've been through.
I know how easy it is to get hurt and I also know
they like to suggest certain high risk moves at times.
That is what royally screwed up a match I had with
Desire a few years ago. TNA put a match together using
moves that neither of us were comfortable with or familiar with.
So, I said no. I'd never rule them out if they changed
their policies, but right now, it's not for me."

April is obviously referring to former TNA Knockout Daffney, who has filed a worker's compensation claim against them regarding the fact that TNA refused to cover any of her medical bills after she was injured taking nasty spots they suggested for her. I can't tell you who the other Knockout is.

Either way, it's pretty sick. TNA asks their performers to do crazy things at times; I know they don't quite have the WWE budget, but medical should be the least that they can pay for the performers, considering the Knockouts are so underpaid. I feel pretty shifty just reading that they're asking their new recruits to sign medical waivers.

No comments: