Friday, April 1, 2011

Brock On Wrestling

The Sun in the UK recently spoke to former UFC Champion, Ultimate Fighter trainer and former WWE Champion Brock Lesnar about the idea of him going back to WWE.

For those unfamiliar with Brock's WWE career pre-UFC, Brock was billed to be the "Next Big Thing" in WWE. He debuted in 2002 and left in 2004 after a clunker of a match with Bill Goldberg at WrestleMania XX. Recently this year after his fight with Shane Carwin, he and the Undertaker had a bit of a confrontation or something on camera, sending fans into a frenzy about whether or not Brock would return to wrestling. Though he'd never admit it, I'm sure Dana White was going crazy.

Anyway, in this interview, Brock says this about wrestling:

"They [WWE] were smart enough to know that I am
involved in UFC, what I am doing now. Wrestling
doesn't affect my life as much; I'm a fighter.
The WWE will go on, it will always be there, but I am in the UFC for
as far as I can see. If there ever was the opportunity to be on WrestleMania,
then I guess I have to say, 'never say never'."

That's music to my ears. I was a huge fan of Brock in the WWE, and I've been waiting for him to come back.

No comments: