Friday, April 1, 2011

Sounds Like WWE DID Talk To Sting

Remember back in February, when those 2-21-11 promos drove pro wrestling fans absolutely insane? When everybody thought that WCW and TNA Icon Sting was going to come to the WWE and take on the Undertaker in what would be a dream match?

Remember how disappointed people were when it was just the Undertaker, and word circulated that WWE had never even talked to Sting?

It sounds like that may not have been the case. The Daily Sun in the UK actually talked to Sting recently, and here's what he had to say:

"I wouldn't say it was utter nonsense; that's not true!
It was a dream match that fans would want to see.
It was close. I'm glad things turned out the way they did.
There are so many variables. Let's just say that I turned
it down for the same reasons I've always turned it down -- something in me never trusted what would happen up there,
based entirely on the track record with WCW guys and everything
that happened when Vince bought WCW. I won't be watching, but
I will be asking what happened between Undertaker and Triple H."

It's too bad that Sting did this based on what his friends had to deal with, but I respect his decision. He's done a terrific job at being successful without the WWE umbrella, and that is something to be very proud of.

No comments: