Saturday, March 26, 2011

Arrested

TMZ reported yesterday that Kurt Angle was arrested in Grand Forks, North Dakota, after police officers found him in the road. According to the celebrity news site, one of the officers smelled alcohol on Angle's breath and administered a field sobriety test, which he apparently failed. He was then taken into custody. Because the officers did not see Angle driving drunk, they charged him with being in possession of a motor vehicle while intoxicated.

Kurt responded to these allegations via his Twitter, which you can follow at AngleFoods1:

"Thank U to all of my supporters. I was not drunk. I was in an ice storm
and slid into 3 ft of snow median. I called police 4 help. They had other plans.
I was stuck and wanted to go back to my hotel. I was not passed out drunk.
I was co-herent. I'm sorry if I let you down. Don't believe everything you read.
My life is good and this is a speed bump in the road. The truth will come out.
God bless. I take responsibility for this. My job is to stay clean and never put myself in jeopardy. TMZ blew it out of proportion. After my hearings, I will give you
proper story. God bless. Kurt Angle. I love you all."

I just want to go out on the record and report that TMZ didn't really blow anything out of proportion, or even sensationalize it. This is also not the first time that Kurt has been accused of being behind the wheel while intoxicated; he was acquitted on charges about a year or two ago even though he had failed a sobriety test that was administered to him at his home.

Hopefully, between this and Jeff Hardy, that TNA will wake up a little bit and start doing more to help out their guys. This is alarming, especially for those who are fans of Kurt Angle.

No comments: